I freaking love it!
Here’s how you do it:
- Locate two identical weight plates. Start small – with 5 lb weight plates. You really don’t need a lot of weight to feel this.
- Press the two weights together, holding them close to your chest. The smooth side should be facing outward. This is the starting position.
- Extend the plates straight out in front of you, so that your arms are parallel to the floor. You’ll really need to squeeze the plates together to prevent them from slipping! This is the most challenge piece of the exercise.
- Pause, and then return to the starting position.
- If you can do more than 8 or 10 repetitions, you’ll need heavier weights. Repeat for 1 – 4 sets, depending on your goals and available time.
It’s new, it’s different and it’s a lot of fun.
Give it a try, and let me know what you think. And, if you’re up for it – browse some of my additional ab tips and exercises.