8 Things to do with Leftover Halloween Candy!

Yet another great use for your unwanted Hershey's bars...

Is a giant bag of Halloween candy staring you in the face? Well… here are a few suggestions for what you can do with it:

  1. Eat it! Yes, you read that correctly. Is a personal trainer advocating for you to eat simple sugars? I am. But here’s the catch: Eat the candy in moderation. Treat yourself to a few pieces. It’s Halloween for crying out loud! Just don’t overdo it and know when to stop. I’m a fan of eating healthy 80% of the time. This can be the other 20%.
  2. Donate it! There are a few places that will be eager to take your candy—including food pantries and nursing homes. Let’s assume these places will dole your candy out in appropriate and reasonable quantities.
  3. Store it! Just because you have a bag of candy doesn’t mean you need to eat it all today. Even the most perishable of candies last longer than 3 months—chocolate lasts an entire year (and you can even freeze it)! Heck, you could probably give some of that candy away to next year’s trick-or-treaters.
  4. Throw a fiesta! Pack the candy into a piñata—unload the sugar on your friends.
  5. Sell your candy to a dentist! Yup, just visit www.halloweencandybuyback.com to find a participating dentist near you.
  6. Make art! Professional artists make art of candy, so why can’t you? Channel your creativity and hang your Halloween treats on the wall.
  7. Save it for the holidays! Christmas is just around the corner—and one of my favorite activities is making a ginger bread house. It’s also a great way to use up your candy without feeling particularly wasteful. You can also use candies to make decorations, ornaments and garlands.
  8. Kink it up! Melt down the chocolate bars (though not too hot!) and drizzle it over someone you love (or lust). Double yummy.

There are a lot of great things you can do with your Halloween candy that don’t involve you gorging yourself. Any more ideas? Share in the comments below!

About Davey Wavey

Davey Wavey is a certified personal trainer and YouTube sensation with more than 250 million video views. For Davey's fitness tips and secrets, sign up for his free monthly newsletter - or download any of his affordable and effective workout programs.

Comments

  1. Also, you can put it out in a candy dish at home or work for visitors.

  2. You can mix good and bad and feel okay about it! Dip your kitkats in yoghurt. 🙂

  3. Bob Nieder says:

    You always post the hottest photos, Thank you and keep up the good work!

  4. yeahhh i think ill go with 8 🙂

  5. Christopher says:

    I LOVE YOU DAVEY! Hahaha your amazing!

  6. Christopher says:

    I LOVE YOU DAVEY! Hahaha your amazing and wonderful and funny and everything! :] keep on making videos!

  7. Good tips Davey. On chocolate keep it in a cool dark place and it lasts a long time. If it starts to get a white powder like coat don’t worry its just the oils coming out. Melt it down and it should be fine.

  8. Toss it! Ain’t good for no body.