Thinking about skipping the gym today? Don’t do it. Sure, we’re all tempted with a long list of excuses ranging from bad weather to new episodes of Orange Is The New Black. Appealing as they are, excuses are full of empty promises – and serve only to prevent you from reaching your health and fitness goals.
To that end, here are 7 reasons to get your workout on!
- You will feel even better. It’s no secret that working out boosts your mood and makes you feel better about yourself. It’s like an instant happiness kick. As they saying goes, “I regret that workout. Said no one, ever.”
- Your body really, really wants it. With more than 600 muscles and 360 joints, your body was built to move. You were born with two feet and two arms, not a chair attached to your ass. Give your body what it wants.
- You deserve it. Because working out provides so many awesome benefits, it allows you to be the best version of yourself. You deserve a healthy, happy and productive life – and going to the gym is a means to that end.
- It’s good for the people around you. When you are at your best, you have more to give – and you are able to make a bigger impact on the people around you. Being your best self elevates the rest of the world. And the world really needs that.
- It makes you stronger. Be Superman or Superwoman, or at least the person who people ask to open that bottle of ketchup. Working out builds stronger bodies, and stronger bodies allow us to push our boundaries and do things we never thought possible.
- You’re responsible for you. No one forces us to eat unhealthy foods or sit at home on our butts. Exercising is about taking responsibility for your life and holding yourself accountable for your health. Working out is one of the variables that’s within our control. This is your body and you decide what to do with it.
- That cute trainer might be working. Actually, I saw him this morning – so you better hurry up and get yourself to the gym before he goes home. He was looking really cute, too. With that tight tank top on and fitted mesh shorts. Go see for yourself!
What’s your reason for working out today? Share it in the comments below!
P.S. If you want to workout from home, that’s always an option! Just download my at-home bootcamp workout videos. Use discount code “youtube” to save 25% during checkout!